Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WINGED

Polymer clay pushes all kinds of boundaries! These exotic bird pins came all the way from New Zealand, from a shop of Wilma Birdstock.

Wilma says: ”I live near the bush in New Zealand and make work which reflects my interest in the natural world, especially birds. I am particularly interested in the ways we use animal imagery to shape our identities. My bird necklaces are both a celebration of this relationship and a reminder of how destructive is our need to possess and collect. “

I think birds are a perfect subject for a polymer clay artist. They come in so many different shapes and colors, that you really need a material with endless possibilities, such as polymer clay, to depict all their beauty.

polymer clay bird
polymer clay bird
polymer clay bird

4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another shop I've not run across yet! These are wonderful. Australia does have some mighty interesting birds! Right now I'm looking at a few doves and Robins pecking away in my backyard feeding area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birds are wonderful! I've never thought of trying that but now I might see what I can do. Thanks for the inspiration.

    faith
    lov.to.bead at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. these brooches are so interesting
    I ck'd out the store
    ADORE the necklaces !!!
    lovin' the Birdspoke style

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails